Most Frequently Asked Questions
From iHub Help
Revision as of 13:57, 27 February 2009 by Johnh (→How do I delete private messages out of my archived messages?)
- 1 Questions About My Account Preferences and Subscriptions
- 1.1 How do I change my Alias (Pseudonym)?
- 1.2 What do I do if I didn't receive or lost my Validation email?
- 1.3 Why does it say I'm not verified and can't make any more posts?
- 1.4 I just paid for a membership and ended up in this jail, what's wrong?
- 1.5 How can I buy a gift sub and is it recurring?
- 1.6 Why can't I pay for a one year recurring with Paypal?
- 1.7 How do I stop the advertisement emails?
- 1.8 Why can't I see who has me Membermarked?
- 1.9 What is an "IRP"?
- 2 Questions About Using the Site
- 2.1 I'm new here and have a lot of questions. Can anyone suggest where to go?
- 2.2 Why can't I see my own posts?
- 2.3 I have someone on ignore but I can still see their posts. Why?
- 2.4 What does that green arrow symbol next to the posts mean?
- 2.5 How do I search for a board?
- 2.6 How do I delete private messages out of my archived messages?
- 2.7 How does the full-text search work?
- 3 Need a Category Name
- 3.1 Why was my new board deleted?
- 3.2 Why was my post deleted?
- 3.3 Why can't I request a review of one of my deleted messages?
- 3.4 How do I put an image in a post or signature?
- 3.5 Why was I banned from that board?
- 3.6 How do I get a board name/symbol changed?
- 3.7 How can I get quotes to display on my board?
- 3.8 How many posts do I need to make on a board before I can apply for the Mod?
- 3.9 Why hasn't this guy's ban been released on the board? It was supposed to expire yesterday.
- 4 General Questions About iHub
- 5 Related Pages
Questions About My Account Preferences and Subscriptions
How do I change my Alias (Pseudonym)?
- Send a PM to IH Admin requesting the change.
What do I do if I didn't receive or lost my Validation email?
- Send a PM to IH Admin with your current email address and a note that you did not receive the validation email.
Why does it say I'm not verified and can't make any more posts?
- If you have not made any posts yet, and it says you're unverified, it's because you haven't verified your email by clicking the link we sent you. Check your spam folder on your email account and have it re-sent if needed. If you've posted and it's saying that, you're maxed out on posts for your account level.
I just paid for a membership and ended up in this jail, what's wrong?
- If this is a new registration you still have to validate your email address. Either click the verification link in the email that we sent to you or send a PM to IH Admin with your current email address.
How can I buy a gift sub and is it recurring?
- Gift subscriptions are NON-RECURRING (they will not auto-renew, only one-time payment). You can give someone a gift by clicking on the GIFT icon in their profile.
Why can't I pay for a one year recurring with Paypal?
- Paypal's recurring billing system is still in beta. We do plan to offer recurring subscriptions via Paypal once that system is out of beta.
How do I stop the advertisement emails?
- Go to the Email Preferences tab on My Account (Found in the Tools menu if you are logged in. If you are not logged in ot need to adjust the preferences for an alternate email address, go here and enter the email address that is receiving the emails and you will be able to adjust the settings.
Why can't I see who has me Membermarked?
- That is considered private to the Member who has added you to their Favorites. We only report aggregate numbers. The same is true of Ignore counts; that is private to the person who is doing the ignoring.
What is an "IRP"?
- An IRP is an Investor Relations Professional. Please refer to About IRPs for more information.
Questions About Using the Site
I'm new here and have a lot of questions. Can anyone suggest where to go?
- If you question pertains to how to use Investors Hub, you can refer to the following resources
- If your question pertains to investing, a couple of commonly recommended boards are:::
- -pending Matt can answer this.
Why can't I see my own posts?
- You probably put yourself on Ignore. Go to Tools - My Ignores and remove yourself from the Ignore List.
I have someone on ignore but I can still see their posts. Why?
- You have Ignores disabled. Go to Tools - My Ignores and enable the Ignore Filter.
What does that green arrow symbol next to the posts mean?
How do I search for a board?
- Enter either the company's ticker symbol or part of the name into the search box, select Subjects from the drop-down list, and click Go.
How do I delete private messages out of my archived messages?
- The "archives" named Inbox and Outbox (available from within your iHub Mailbox) are simply historical views with the most recent posts listed first. You cannot remove posts from these pages.
How does the full-text search work?
Need a Category Name
Why was my new board deleted?
- Quite likely the board was deleted because is was a duplicate of another stock-specific board. iHub allows only one board per listed company. If a company is going to change names, tickers, or become another entity through a reverse merger or some other mechanism, the existing board's name and/or ticker will be renamed after the change becomes effective.
Why was my post deleted?
Why can't I request a review of one of my deleted messages?
- Reviewed By Admin indicates that the post was either removed by one of the site Admins or has been reviewed by one of them and the removal was allowed to stand. If you are unable to ascertain what the violation was by looking at the reason given and the actual post, you can send a PM to IH Admin and request an explanation.
- N/A - Non-Stock Board and N/A - Premium Board - Moderators of these boards are generally allowed to remove posts at their discretion.
How do I put an image in a post or signature?
- Please refer to this section of the FAQ for more information in inserting images.
Why was I banned from that board?
- You can get banned from a board due to Moderator request (on private/user group boards) OR by Admin (on any board) due to TOU violations.
How do I get a board name/symbol changed?
- If you are the board's Moderator or an Assistant you can go to the Manage page and click Board Name/Ticker Change and fill in the requested information. These go into a queue that are reviewed by site Admins throughout the day.
How can I get quotes to display on my board?
- It's likely that the board has been placed in the incorrect category. Send a PM to IH Admin requesting a review.
How many posts do I need to make on a board before I can apply for the Mod?
- You need to have 4 posts in your history in the last 90 days in order to qualify to be Moderator.
Why hasn't this guy's ban been released on the board? It was supposed to expire yesterday.
- Limited bans are self releasing at their expiration time. When the User returns, the ban will automatically release.
General Questions About iHub
Who owns iHub?
- iHub is owned by InvestorsHub.com, Inc., which is a wholly owned US subsidiary of ADVFN, PLC which is based in London, UK.
What is iHub's phone number?
- iHub does not do support by telephone. Please refer to Communicating with iHub Admins for information on contacting site Admins or Our Contact Page for information on contacting others.
What is iHub's policy on subpoenas for user information?
- For subpoenas pertaining to both civil and criminal matters issued by domestic government entities, iHub will respond to the subpoena unless it is found to be legally insufficient or overly burdensome.
- For subpoenas in civil matters (issued by parties other than domestic government entities), iHub will not respond to the subpoena unless 1) the subpoena is deemed by our counsel to be legally sufficient, including but not limited to being issued by a court with competent jurisdiction and having been properly served; 2) the request is not overly burdensome; 3) we have received payment covering the costs of production; and 4) we have had an opportunity to notify affected users and afforded them an opportunity to seek a quash from the court should they choose to do so.
What is iHub's past experience when served with subpoenas for user information?
- Our past experience is that while we frequently receive subpoenas for user information in civil matters, we ultimately produce on very few of them. More often than not these subpoenas are simply being used as a tool to intimidate persons who are exercising their right to express their views and opinions. Some plaintiffs take it beyond intimidation and also broadcast their legal shenanigans by way of press releases as a means to try and mitigate or obscure the information they don't want known by current or potential investors or other interested parties. In any event, we are not intimidated by subpoenas and hold them to the highest level of scrutiny and legal sufficiency before even considering responding.
- Not surprisingly, many plaintiffs whose subpoenas run into the "legally insufficient" wall ultimately reappear on the public's radar at some later date, except they are quite often on the dangerous end of the stick they once tried to use. However; the stick has by then changed from a bogus civil case to silence critics into to a legitimate criminal case charging the same or similar allegations as those the plaintiff was unsuccessful in silencing. Go figure.
- Unfortunately, the above is never known for certain until after the fact. Legal sufficiency is the primary meter we use when determining whether or not we will respond. The merits of each specific case are determined by a court of law having jurisdiction over the matter.